Job Opening – Mechanical Engineer
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Mechanical Engineer is responsible and accountable for creating product drawings, writing specifications and general drafting using Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools. S/he interfaces with customers, vendors, and all levels of the organization regarding assigned mechanical project work involving drawings, specifications, and technical related activities.
Drafting: generate new or revise existing drawings and specifications for electric motors, motor components, tools, jigs, fixtures, maintenance replacement parts, plant/equipment layout, promotional materials and various other company related items.
Mechanical Design: create models and implement design improvements, design concepts and layouts. Use mechanical design tools and experience to solve product and application issues.
Specification Writing: calculate material requirements, compile material lists and maintain specification files.
Perform all work within the requirements outlined in our ISO system. Participate in internal audits as required. Stay current with personal training in MQP’s and WI’s. Interpret drawings and specifications using GD&T skills. Use precision measuring instruments as required. Support production and quality by responding in a timely manner to day-to-day issues. Use sound problem solving skills, scientific principles and creativity to troubleshoot and resolve problems. Process Engineering Change Requests in a timely and accurate manner, including all necessary updating in the ERP system.
Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Required Work Authorization: Must be US Citizen.
- A technical school degree and formal training in Mechanical Design and Drafting utilizing Autodesk Software(AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault).
- A strong desire to follow through on projects and can take initiative.
- Proven computer literacy and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications. (Including Word and Excel) and Outlook.
- The ability to use small hand tools and measuring devices.
- A team player with strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- EPICOR ERP System knowledge a plus.
- Commitment to company values, goals, and objectives.
THE COMPANY: Established in 1976, McMillan Electric Company is a privately held, high volume manufacturer of electric motors. Strategically located 40 miles from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul in Woodville, Wisconsin, we partner with OEM customers to provide custom solutions for use in air moving, pump and compressor, HVAC and fitness industries.
CORE VALUES: McMillan Electric believes strongly in four core values: Integrity, Excellence, Positive Attitude, and the ability to be a Doer. If you share these values, we welcome you to join our team!!!
COMPENSATION: Highly competitive salary range that considers education, training, and experience along with a generous benefits package and profit sharing.
Please send your resume to our HR Team at: HR@McMillanElectric.com
THANK YOU for your interest in McMillan Electric Company – We look forward to meeting you.