The Accounting Director will plan and coordinate the accounting activities of the department in consultation with the Company Controller. This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual S corporation tax return.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract review/negotiations.
- Oversee inventory control utilizing ABC methodology
Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent direct and indirect management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation required.
- 10 years or more of related experience required.
- Inventory cycle counting experience using ABC methods required.
- Small business experience preferred.
- Manufacturing background preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
THE COMPANY: Established in 1976, McMillan Electric Company is a privately held, high volume manufacturer of electric motors. Strategically located 40 miles from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul in Woodville, Wisconsin, we partner with OEM customers to provide custom solutions for use in air moving, pump and compressor, HVAC and fitness industries.
CORE VALUES: McMillan Electric believes strongly in four core values: Integrity, Excellence, Positive Attitude, and the ability to be a Doer. If you share these values, we welcome you to join our team!!!
COMPENSATION: Highly competitive salary range that considers education, training, and experience along with a generous benefits package and profit sharing.
Please send your resume to our HR Team at: HR@McMillanElectric.com
THANK YOU for your interest in McMillan Electric Company – We look forward to meeting you.